Call Now for an Appointment (973) 383-7415
oseph M. Hoffmann, Esq.
Attorney at Law
Wills, Trusts, Estates & Planning
21 Main Street, Newton, NJ 07860
“Writing a Will is simply taking care of
business for the people that you love.”
1. Why write a Will?
- You make all of the decisions
as to who gets your property, the shares and
- You avoid the costs of administration and can waive the cost of estate
- You select the guardians and trustees for your children.
2. Does the Government take much in taxes?
- If your estate is under $5,000,000,
generally there is no federal estate tax. The
State of New Jersey also exempts your family members from inheritance tax.
- New Jersey
does have a new estate tax for non-spouse estates over $675,000.
3. What about small gifts and personal items?
- Your Will can include
a paragraph allowing you to leave a separate letter or list
giving things like jewelry or tools to special people.
- You can change or
add to the list without changing your Will.
4. What if my children are underage or financially challenged?
- You can appoint a guardian
for them and not leave that decision to a court.
- You can put their money in trust to take care of their support and education.
select the trustees.
5. How do I write a Will?
- Call or meet with us.
- We send you drafts for your review.
- When they are the way you want
them, we will set a convenient appointment to
6. What is a Living Will?
- Your document not to use extraordinary medical means,
if it is hopeless.
- It saves your assets from being used for wasted expenses.
Law Offices of Joseph M. Hoffmann
21 Main Street
Newton, New Jersey 07860
© 2012 Joseph M. Hoffmann, Esq. All Rights Reserved
Joseph M. Hoffmann, Esq. is a Lawyer who represents clients in New Jersey and serves:
All of Northern NJ including: Sussex County | Warren County | Morris County | Passaic County | Somerset County | Union County | Newton | Andover | Sparta | Branchville
Morristown | Vernon | Sussex | West Milford | Hopatcong | Rockaway | Dover | Mt. Olive | Hackettstown | Randolph |